From Monday 20th April 2020, we will be re-opening some of our strategically located processing sites, accepting ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
The sites that are re-opening are as follows:
North / North West
- Hull, Reservoir Road
- Hull Dock (from Monday 27th April)
- Leeds, Hunslet
South West / Wales
In order to prevent the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus and maintain our high levels of health and safety, we have put in an additional set of procedures and controls. From now on:
- Social distancing MUST be maintained between suppliers, visitors and staff – please ensure you keep 2 metres apart at all times. Where this is not possible, specific procedures will be in place to prevent the spread of the infection.
- We are stopping the reuse of PPE. As such, we are therefore no longer able to supply you with our usual temporary PPE whilst you are visiting site and we request that you please provide your own equipment (hardhat and safety vest or coat). If you do not have your own, we are more than happy to provide you with these in a PPE pack, at cost price for £5+VAT. This will contain a safety helmet and Hi-Viz vest for your reuse. This cost will be deducted from your transaction total, you will then retain this PPE for further use when you visit site.
- We have increased the cleaning and hygiene practices across our sites. You must ensure you use hand sanitisers and wash facilities where available.
- Physical barriers have been put in place (Perspex screens / vehicle stops) to minimise physical interactions with suppliers and hauliers. This may result in slower site operations, so please be patient. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
Please call the relevant site you wish to visit beforehand, in order to discuss your requirements and we will confirm procedures with you accordingly. Site contact details are available here.
Thank you for your continued support.