Graduate Trainee Management Scheme
Have you got what it takes?
The Sims Graduate Trainee Management Scheme is an excellent opportunity for aspiring managers to work in a rapidly expanding, commercially driven organisation.
- Are a high calibre and ambitious student with plenty of enthusiasm
- Have achieved (or are predicted) a 2:2 degree result, or above, in any degree discipline
- Wish to pursue a successful, long term, career in a management role where your commitment and ability will be rewarded
- Enjoy working with a wide range of people in a commercial and fast paced environment
- Want to be part of a well respected and ethical organisation
- Want to play a part in creating innovative and industry leading recycling and recovering processes
Then the Sims Trainee Management Scheme may be the future for you.
About the business
Sims Metal Management is the global leader in metals and electronics recycling, with over 250 locations on five continents and 4,000 employees. Our leading position has been built through an uncompromising commitment to safety, customer service and the expertise and loyalty of our people.
About the scheme
The scheme lasts between two and three years depending on your development rate. We accept around five candidates each year.
The scheme includes:
- Rotational placement programme – typically you will undertake 2 twelve month placements, at one of our U.K. sites to ensure you develop a holistic understanding of the business.
- Projects – you will be asked to undertake practical and challenging projects that add value to the business.
- Assigned coach – to help you gain the most from your Training Programme.
- Personal mentor – available at any time for advice and help.
- Reviews and feedback – to ensure that you develop all the skills needed to become a successful manager.
Post trainee management scheme
The succession planning process for management roles is currently targeted up to three years ahead and our aim is to ensure that all our trainee managers are successfully placed in an appropriate role on completion of their training.
A comprehensive recruitment process has been developed to ensure that we select the most appropriate candidates for the Programme. In addition, it is equally important to us to ensure that those individuals who join us are confident that a career with Sims is right for them, therefore, throughout the process, you are given every opportunity to evaluate us.
- We review all the completed application forms
- Interviews will take place
- Selection centre (2 days)
- Sims will make an offer to around 5 candidates
- Complete the application form.
- Mail or email.
By post to:
Sims Metal Management
We will contact all applicants shortly after the closing date to inform them of the progress of their application.
For all enquiries regarding apprenticeship opportunities, please contact the HR department on 01789 722 043 or email@example.com