Operating globally in a sustainable manner, for over 100 years
Sims Metal offers a wide range of metal recycling services throughout the UK.
We are the world’s leading metal recycler, which brings our customers a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive scrap metal prices – global coverage, bulk material handling and innovative technology enable us to pay competitive prices for scrap and surplus metals and materials.
- Maximum metal recovery rates – our investment in advanced technology means we extract higher proportions of metals.
- Flexible payment options – to suit your business, subject to credit status.
- Trusted and experienced – a proven track record of working within the metal recycling industry.
- Extensive transport and logistics – With over 40 UK scrap yards, over 200 sites globally and our extensive UK and global network means that your metals collection, transporting and storage needs are met.
- High grade materials for sale – our innovative technology means we can generate high grade materials for sale.
- High environmental standards – be assured that your waste will be handled in accordance with all necessary environmental standards. Our specialist Environmental team work directly closely with the Environment Agency.
- Health and safety culture – Our ‘SimsMM Way’ safety culture is an internal programme that we have implemented to ensure the health and safety of employees, clients and suppliers is always a top priority.
- Support for your CSR and environmental objectives – recycled materials used in manufacturing processes use far less energy and water than raw materials.
The British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA) is a trade association of 300 members, representing the £5 billion UK metal recycling sector trade. Members process steel, aluminium, copper and most other ferrous and non ferrous metals; and recycle a wide range of related products.
The Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) is an international trade federation representing the world’s recycling industry, covering in particular ferrous and non-ferrous metals, paper and textiles. Around 800 companies and national federations from over 70 countries are affiliated to BIR.
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is a private, non-profit trade association that representing more than 1,600 private, for-profit companies that process, broker, and industrially consume scrap commodities, including ferrous and nonferrous metals, paper, electronics, rubber, plastics, glass, and textiles.