The British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA) is a trade association of 300 members, representing the £5 billion UK metal recycling sector trade. Members process steel, aluminium, copper and most other ferrous and non ferrous metals; and recycle a wide range of related products.
Why Choose Sims
Sims Metal Management offers a wide range of metal recycling services throughout the UK.
We are the world’s leading metal recycler, which brings our customers a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive scrap metal prices – global coverage, bulk material handling and innovative technology enable us to pay competitive prices for scrap and surplus metals and materials.
- Maximum metal recovery rates – our investment in advanced technology means we extract higher proportions of metals.
- Flexible payment options – to suit your business, subject to credit status.
- Trusted and experienced – a proven track record of working within the metal recycling industry.
- Extensive transport and logistics – With over 40 UK scrap yards, over 250 sites globally and our extensive UK and global network means that your metals collection, transporting and storage needs are met.
- High grade materials for sale – our innovative technology means we can generate high grade materials for sale.
- High environmental standards – be assured that your waste will be handled in accordance with all necessary environmental standards. Our specialist Environmental team work directly closely with the Environment Agency.
- Health and safety culture – Our ‘SimsMM Way’ safety culture is an internal programme that we have implemented to ensure the health and safety of employees, clients and suppliers is always a top priority.
- Support for your CSR and environmental objectives – recycled materials used in manufacturing processes use far less energy and water than raw materials.
The British Metals Recycling Association (BMRA)
The Bureau of International Recycling (BIR)
The Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) is an international trade federation representing the world’s recycling industry, covering in particular ferrous and non-ferrous metals, paper and textiles. Around 800 companies and national federations from over 70 countries are affiliated to BIR.
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI)
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is a private, non-profit trade association that representing more than 1,600 private, for-profit companies that process, broker, and industrially consume scrap commodities, including ferrous and nonferrous metals, paper, electronics, rubber, plastics, glass, and textiles.