How it Works
What you will need
- A bank account
- Visa debit card - although Sims can offer cheques for payment
- Identification, which can either be:
- A valid Great Britain or Northern Ireland Photocard Driving Licence OR
- A valid U.K. or EEA state Passport and a utility bill (not mobile phone), bank or building society statement, credit or debit card statement, council tax demand letter or statement which is no more than 3 months old.
What will happen on site?
What stays the same?
The entire process of coming into a Sims site, weighing your vehicle on the weighbridge, reporting to the office, unloading your vehicle and re-weighing your vehicle on exit will be the same as its always been. Nothing will change in this process.
For all casual customers ie: Non account customers, we will continue to ask you for proof of identity. This identity will be copied and retained with our records of the transaction.
What will change?
How we pay you will be the only change.
You will no longer be paid in cash, and will receive either a credit into your bank account or be paid by cheque.
In the case of cheques, Visa debit cards and BACS funds will take 2-3 days to clear into your account. This delay is not specific to Sims, it is a delay within the banking system and it will be true for any Metals business offering these payment methods.
Payment options will be:
- Account payment via BACS: For Sims Account Customers only. Become a Sims account customer
- Visa Debit card payment: Direct into your bank account, maximum payment is £5,000.
- Cheque payment: Maximum value £5,000. We can authorise larger cheques upon special request.
- Cheque Cashing: Some of our sites offer a cheque cashing service onsite via Cheque Exchange Limited (CEL).
Read the full details about these payment options here
Any identification taken as part of your transaction will be securely treated in line with the Data Protection Act. Sims Group UK Limited works to the highest Corporate Governance standards, and is compliant with legislation such as the Data Protection Act. Your information will be protected in line with these requirements
Have more questions?
Email or call 0800 008 7223 to find out more about cashless scrap metal trading with Sims Metal Management.
Alternatively contact your local Sims Metal Management metal recycling site.